Let’s get a sweet and sour blueberry cake on the table, this time. A refreshing ultra-creamy dessert made with yogurt, cream cheese, and whipped cream. Of course, you can use fresh blueberries, but we were out of them and so we grabbed some frozen ones. Serve the cake garnished with even more blueberries, raw or thawed, and with mint leaves.
Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Yogurt Cake
For the base:
7-8 ounces of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
For the topping:
5 ounces of yogurt
7 ounces of cream cheese
3 ounces of powdered sugar
5 ounces of whipped cream
8 ounces of blueberries
How to Make Blueberry Yogurt Cake
- Add the flour to a bowl, sprinkle the center with salt and make a dip right in that area.
- Pour the vinegar, vegetable oil, and 2-3 tablespoons of warm water inside it, then start mixing using your hands.
- Gradually add the remaining water while mixing. Knead until you have a dough, form it into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Flatten the dough until approximately 1-inch thick using the rolling pin. Try giving it a round form.
- Transfer it to an 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the yogurt, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the whipped cream, mix until even, then stir in the blueberries.
- Top the base with this cream, evenly spread it, then refrigerate for 3 hours.