Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Cake
3.5 ounces of butter, room temperature
⅔ cup white sugar
⅔ cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of flour
3.5 ounces of blueberry, raw
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Make Blueberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put the butter in your kitchen aid mixing bowl. Add the sugar.
- Process until the butter and sugar combine, and the sugar melts.
- Add the eggs and the ricotta cheese. Process further.
- Add the lemon zest and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour, one spoon at a time, until you make a creamy thick batter. Stop the kitchen aid.
- Add the blueberries and mix with a spoon to incorporate them into the batter.
- Lay a tart tray with parchment paper and add the blueberry batter.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar with lemon juice for the glaze.
- Before removing the cake from the oven, test it using a toothpick: prick the cake and, if the toothpick is clean and dry when you take it out, the cake is baked. If not, continue to bake it for another 3-5 minutes.
- Slice the cake and serve it with lemon glaze.