Ingredients Needed for Pork With Blueberry Sauce
For the pork:
1 ¾ pounds of pork neck (4 steaks 7-ounce each)
1 tablespoon dried coriander
2 ounces of butter
4 garlic cloves
4 fresh rosemary sprigs
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
10 ounces of blueberries
1 fresh rosemary sprig
¼ cup red wine
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons of lime zest
How to Make Pork With Blueberry Sauce
- Place the pork chops on the work surface. Season them both sides with salt, pepper, and dried coriander.
- Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks and fry them for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the seared steaks on it. Distribute the 2 ounces of butter on each of them. Also, top the steaks with rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat a cooking pot over low heat, then add the butter and melt it.
- Add the blueberries and rosemary. Simmer for 10 minutes. Crush the blueberries in the process.
- Strain the cooked blueberries into another cooking pot using a strainer and a rubber spatula.
- Place the cooking pot over low heat. Add the wine and heavy cream. Cook and stir until it starts bubbling.
- Add the honey and lime zest and stir them in.