Ingredients Needed for Walnut, Blueberry, and Mango Cakes
For the mini cake:
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 cup flour
3 teaspoons of almond extract
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 ½ cups of blueberry
2 tablespoons of walnut
For the topping:
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 ounce butter
1 mango, cubed
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to Cook Walnut, Blueberry, and Mango Cakes
- For the mini cake: Add the eggs and sugar to the mixer bowl. Mix until you have a batter resembling a smooth cream.
- Sift the flour into the bowl, add the almond extract and mix more. Set aside.
- Coat three ramekins with the butter, sprinkle some powdered sugar and add the first layer of blueberries into each one of them. Then fill them with the batter and add, on top, the rest of the blueberries and chopped walnuts. Bake for 30 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the topping: Add the sugar and butter in a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar caramelized. Add the mango, some lime juice, and the cinnamon, while cooking and stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the cakes topped with caramelized mango.