Ingredients Needed for Pizza Pot Pie
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup carrot, shredded
6 ounces of minced meat
14 ounces of canned tomatoes
14 ounces of pizza dough, thawed, divided into 4 balls
1 ounce - butter
7 ounces of low-moisture mozzarella, slices
16 mushrooms, halves
1 tablespoon milk
How to Cook Pizza Pot Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the shredded carrots and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and cook further until the meat turns light brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Flour your countertop and place one dough ball on it. Also, flour the dough and your rolling pin, then roll out the dough. Turn it occasionally, in order to keep an approximately circular piece. Roll it until you reach about 0.3-inch (0.7 cm) thickness.
- Grease 4 clay pots (about 7 inches / 18 cm diameter) with butter.
- Divide the mozzarella slices on the bottom and edges of each clay pot.
- Add 3-4 mushroom halves into each pot, then add meat and tomato mixture equally into each pot.
- Top the clay pots with pizza dough sheets, keeping the edges of the dough outside the pot. Press the dough with your fingers to stick it to the pot.
- Make egg wash by whisking the egg with milk.
- Spread egg wash on the top of the dough, using a silicone brush.
- Transfer the clay pots into the oven and bake them for 25 minutes.
- When the crust is golden brown, remove the pots from the oven.
- Turn over the pizza pot pie on a plate, so the melted mozzarella remains above.