Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Onion and Beef Patty Sandwich
1 red onion, julienne sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 ounce - butter
1 teaspoon sugar
3.5 ounces of ground beef, shaped into a patty
1 cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon bearnaise sauce
1 lettuce leaf
2 breads slices, toasted
1 radish, slices
½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
How to Cook Caramelized Onion and Beef Patty Sandwich
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and throw the red onion in it.
- Stir, then add the butter. Cook until the butter melts and the onion softens.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt, stir one more minute and transfer the cooked onion to a plate.
- Cook the beef patty in the same skillet. Fry it on both sides until brown, for about 4 minutes per side.
- After you turn it over, wait about 3 minutes, then add the Cheddar cheese on it. Cover the skillet and wait about 30 seconds, until the cheese melts. Set the cooked patty aside.
- Take one toasted bread slice and spread béarnaise sauce on it.
- Add the lettuce leaf, some cooked red onion, the beef patty, another layer of cooked onion, radish slices, and broccoli sprouts.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and top the sandwich with the second toast slice.