1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 medium celery root, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 cups vegetable stock
2 large potatoes, cubed
10 ounces chicken breast, chopped
1/3 red cabbage, shredded
2 apples, diced
1 tablespoon dill, thinly chopped
- Heat the pan over low heat and add the cumin and coriander seeds. Sautee them for 1 minute or so.
- Transfer to a grinding mortar and crush them. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onion and carrots and stir them in. Cook and stir for a minute or so.
- Add the celery root and stir it in.
- Add the garlic and the cumin mixture. Cook and stir for 8 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, potatoes, chicken breast, and red cabbage. Stir in and boil for up to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the apples and dill. Stir in and remove from heat.