Calories: 415 kCal / serving
- 65 g
- 7 g
- 16 g
Ingredients Needed for Cherry Jam and Meringue Brownie
5 ounces of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 egg yolks
2 cups of milk
1 ½ cups of flour
⅔ cup cocoa powder
14 ounces of cherry jam
2 ounces of walnuts
For the meringues:
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup sugar
How to Make Cherry Jam and Meringue Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- You can start by separating the yolks from the egg whites.
- Start mixing the butter. Keep your mixer running and slowly add half of the sugar, egg yolks, milk, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix it until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a large oven tray, around 16 inches (40 cm) X 16 inches (40 cm). Spread it evenly into the tray. Top it with cherry jam, evenly spread.
- In the meantime, add the egg whites in the mixer bowl. Turn it on at high speed, and begin slowly adding the sugar. Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Mix until you get a smooth, silky, whipped cream.
- Pour it over the brownie cake, and evenly spread it with a spatula. Sprinkle a few walnuts on top.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 30 minutes.