Ingredients Needed for Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Tart
½ cup almond meal
½ cup oat flour
0.5 ounce arrowroot, shredded
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon butter
2 sweet potatoes, boiled
¼ cup coconut cream
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 teaspoons of arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons of orange juice
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
½ teaspoon orange zest
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger powder
½ teaspoon allspice powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
½ teaspoon vanilla powder
whipped coconut cream, for serving
How to Cook Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Tart
- Add the almond meal and oat flour to your food processor. Pulse to combine them a little.
- Add the arrowroot, agave syrup, and coconut oil. Pulse again. Season the mixture with some salt.
- Butter a tart pan (8-inch/20 cm in diameter), then add the almond and oat mixture to it. Press the mixture to the bottom and edges of the pan using a spoon. Bake the crust for 15 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.
- Mash the boiled sweet potatoes, then add the coconut cream, maple syrup, arrowroot powder, orange and lemon juice and zest, cinnamon, ginger powder, allspice powder, nutmeg, and vanilla powder. Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients.
- When the crust is baked, let it cool a little, then add the sweet potato filling. Bake the tart for 45 minutes at 380˚F/190˚C.
- If you want, serve the tart with coconut whipped cream.