Ingredients Needed for Almond and Pistachio Rice Pudding
⅔ cup basmati rice
1 teaspoon cardamom
⅔ cup sugar
4 cups of milk
1 tablespoon rose water
1 ounce almonds, crumbled (2 tablespoons)
1 ounce pistachios, crumbled (2 tablespoons)
How to Cook Almond and Pistachio Rice Pudding
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with 1.5 cups of water and add the basmati rice. Clean it by stirring the rice around the bowl. The water will turn opaque.
- Drain the cleaned rice, fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water, and add the rice. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and 1 tablespoon of sugar to a grinding mortar and crush them together.
- Add the milk, the crushed cardamom with sugar, and cooked rice to a medium-sized pot over low heat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar, rose water, 1 tablespoon of crumbled almonds, and 1 tablespoon of crumbled pistachios. Stir and cook until the rice is cooked through, for 10 minutes or more.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with the remaining almonds and pistachios.