Ingredients Needed for Trofie Pasta With Broccoli and Pine Nut Sauce
10 ounces of broccoli
3 cups of boiled water
1 ounce butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 ounces of baby spinach
¾ cup milk
1 teaspoon red peppercorns, crushed
1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
1 pound trofie pasta
5 fresh basil leaves
12 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
How to Make Trofie Pasta With Broccoli and Pine Nut Sauce
- Add the broccoli to a pot and pour the boiled water over them. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat and add the garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the baby spinach and broccoli. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and stir in. Season with salt, pepper, and red peppercorns, stir them in and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Fill a medium cooking pot halfway with water, salt it and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and basil leaves and boil for 7 minutes.
- Serve mixed with broccoli sauce and cherry tomatoes.