Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto and Mozzarella Pie With Lattice Top
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
2 carrots, cooked
6 ounces of mozzarella
2 eggs, whisked
2 pizza doughs sheets, approximately 10 inches x 15 inches
How to Cook Prosciutto and Mozzarella Pie With Lattice Top
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Thinly slice the carrots, and all of the bell peppers.
- Cover a wooden board with foil and spread the first sheet of dough. Glaze the sides of the dough with some whisked egg. Top it with prosciutto and mozzarella and leave it aside.
- Now take the second sheet of dough and place it on a wooden board. Slice it crosswise into 12 long strips, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Take the top strip and place it on the left side of the sheet so it can keep the remaining ones together.
- Now take strip 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 and pull them towards the left side. Add a layer of green bell peppers, and pull back the strips towards the right. Pull remaining strips towards left and add a layer of red bell peppers. Pull the strips back to the right.
- Continue doing these steps until you have used all of the ingredients. Use this lattice to top the first sheet of dough.
- Glaze the lattice top with the remaining whisked egg. Place it in the oven and bake it for 35 minutes.