Ingredients Needed for Plain Muffins With Red Fruit Topping
7 ounces of butter, room temperature
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 ½ cups of flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil, for greasing
7 ounces of strawberry, cut into quarters
4 ounces of redcurrant
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 green chili, sliced
2 tablespoons of agave syrup
1 cinnamon stick
How to Make Plain Muffins With Red Fruit Topping
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F/160 degrees C.
- Put the butter (keep 1 tablespoon for later use) in the kitchen aid bowl and start processing.
- Gradually, add the sugar and continue to process the mixture.
- Gradually, add the eggs.
- Add the almond extract, lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest.
- Stop the kitchen aid and sift the flour in the bowl. Process the ingredients again until you obtain a thick creamy batter. Set it aside.
- Grease 14-16 muffin cups with a bit of olive oil, and then fill each of them with 3 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the jam:
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Add the strawberries, redcurrant, brown sugar, chili, agave syrup, and the remaining lemon zest.
- Stir and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the juice reduces and you get a thick jam.
- Serve the muffins with red fruit jam on top.