Ingredients Needed for Tequila Shrimp Salad
8 ounces of shrimp
1 fluid ounce tequila
3 tablespoons of grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons of lime juice
3 tablespoons of coconut milk
1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion, quartered
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
7 ounces of salad mix
⅓ cup sweet corn
1 fresh chili, sliced
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Tequila Shrimp Salad
- Add the shrimp, tequila, grapefruit and lime juice, coconut milk, and Cajun seasoning to a bowl. Mix until even.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the marinated shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until opaque and pinkish. Stir in the parsley in the process. Remove from heat.
- Add the salad mix, sweet corn, chili, soy sauce, and olive oil to a bowl. Mix until even using two spatulas.
- Serve the salad with shrimp. Optionally, garnish with grapefruit and lime.