Ingredients Needed for Hot Shakshouka
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cups of canned tomatoes
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 medium spring onion, chopped
2 ounces of queso fresco, crumbled
How to Cook Hot Shakshouka
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat, then add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chopped bell peppers and stir them in. Add the paprika and cumin seeds and do the same.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Cook and stir until it bubbles. Season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Carefully add the eggs on top of the cooking mixture. Cover with the lid and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, spring onion, and queso fresco. Bake for 10 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.