Ingredients Needed for T-Bone Steak With Polenta and Sweet Corn Salad
⅔ cup cornflour
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried coriander
1 pound t-bone steak
1½ tablespoons of olive oil
7 ounces of sweet corn
1 red onion, minced
2 teaspoons of mixed chili, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh coriander, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Make T-Bone Steak With Polenta and Sweet Corn Salad
- Heat some 2 cups of water in a pot over low heat. Salt it.
- Gradually add the cornflour while constantly whisking. Cook and whisk for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the pepper, garlic powder, salt to taste, the paprika, and coriander to a small bowl. Mix until even.
- Place the steak on the work surface. Drizzle both sides with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika mixture. Coat and rub.
- Heat 1 – 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the coated steak. Fry for 10 minutes on both sides.
- Add the sweet corn, red onion, mixed chili, fresh coriander, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice to a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and mix until even.
- Serve the steak portioned with sweet corn salad and polenta.