gelatin (3-4 sheets)
1 cup medium-sweet white wine
½ cup peach champagne
2 star anise
⅓ cup sugar
- Peel the orange. Cut it into wedges along the white membranes trying to avoid those. Transfer the wedges to a bowl.
- Do the same with the grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon. Add these wedges to the same bowl as the orange ones. Set aside.
- Add water to a smaller bowl. Submerge the gelatin sheets and let them dissolve.
- Pour the wine into a pot over low heat. Add the peach champagne, star anise, and sugar. Cook and stir until it starts to boil. Add the dissolved gelatin and let cool at room temperature.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic foil and transfer the citrus wedges to it. Pour the wine mixture over them and refrigerate for 4 hours.