You may have heard about the French dish terrine. Well, this one has nothing to do with that savory dish. Instead, it honors the citrus fruits by bringing orange, grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon together inside a loaf pan. We cover them with a star anise-flavored sweet mixture of white wine and peach champagne, then „forget” about it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Ingredients Needed for Citrus Terrine
gelatin (3-4 sheets)
1 cup medium-sweet white wine
½ cup peach champagne
2 star anise
⅓ cup sugar
How to Make Citrus Terrine
- Peel the orange. Cut it into wedges along the white membranes trying to avoid those. Transfer the wedges to a bowl.
- Do the same with the grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon. Add these wedges to the same bowl as the orange ones. Set aside.
- Add water to a smaller bowl. Submerge the gelatin sheets and let them dissolve.
- Pour the wine into a pot over low heat. Add the peach champagne, star anise, and sugar. Cook and stir until it starts to boil. Add the dissolved gelatin and let cool at room temperature.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic foil and transfer the citrus wedges to it. Pour the wine mixture over them and refrigerate for 4 hours.