Calories: 320 kCal / serving
- 28 g
- 4 g
- 43 g
Ingredients Needed for Caprese Mac and Cheese
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon nutmeg
12 ounces of cooked macaroni
1 cup parmesan, shredded
6 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced
fresh basil leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
How to Make Caprese Mac and Cheese
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over low heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Add the flour and whisk vigorously until you get a pale yellow color.
- Pour the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the paprika, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Whisk until you obtain a smooth mixture and small bubbles start appearing on the surface.
- Add the cooked macaroni, parmesan, and stir. Add the mozzarella cheese, basil, and tomatoes.
- Slide the tray into the oven for 20 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.