Watermelon Cantaloupe Mini Cakes
Just look at these layered melon mini cakes. In less than 30 minutes you’ll be in for a refreshing, juicy and healthy dessert. Stack in an alternate manner watermelon and cantaloupe slices and fill each layer with lemon-flavored whipped cream. Is this a tasty way to cool your summer days, or what?
Ingredients Needed for Watermelon Cantaloupe Mini Cakes
½ cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make Watermelon Cantaloupe Mini Cakes
- Slice the watermelon into 1-inch thick slices and discard the caps.
- Carefully remove the seeds and cut 9 discs into the pulp using a 4 to 6-inch round cookie cutter. Set them aside.
- Slice the cantaloupe into approximately 1-inch thick slices and discard the caps.
- Remove the seeds from each slice using a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Cut off the rind. Set them aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl. Whisk until firm using the hand mixer. Add some lemon zest and mix some more. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Place a cantaloupe slice on top of a watermelon one. Fill the empty space in the middle with whipped cream. Add two more layers of watermelon and cantaloupe slices and fill them with whipped cream. Garnish the top edge with whipped cream, if you want. Follow the same steps for the remaining slices and whipped cream. You’ll end up with 3 mini cakes.