Ingredients Needed for Frying Pan Pizza With Eggplant and Ricotta
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 eggplant, sliced
6 ounces of ricotta
How to Cook Frying Pan Pizza With Eggplant and Ricotta
- Add the warm water, sugar, and dry yeast to a bowl, mix, then let it activate for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and yeast mixture to the dough mixer bowl. Start mixing. Gradually add 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix until you have a dough. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic to a smaller pot over low heat. Season with salt and pepper, then stir and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a grill pan over low heat. Add the eggplant slices and fry them for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Dust your work surface with flour and flatten the dough using the rolling pin.
- Drizzle the dough disc with the remaining olive oil and rub.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a roomy frying pan over low heat and add the dough disc. Press it gently to spread it on the entire pan using your fingers. Cover with the lid and fry for 4 minutes on both sides, or until it has browned.
- Spread the tomato mixture on the pizza crust, add the fried eggplant and top with ricotta. Serve garnished with chives.