Calories: 395 kCal / serving
- 25 g
- 31 g
- 20 g
Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Couscous Stuffed Veggies
1 ¼ red bell pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, thinly chopped
10 ounces of minced turkey
½ carrot, thinly chopped
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced
1 chili, sliced
0.25 green bell pepper . thinly chopped
5 ounces of couscous
7 ounces of hot water
½ cup shredded cheddar
¼ cup shredded parmesan
How to Make Turkey and Couscous Stuffed Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot water. Cover and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini and eggplant in halves and use a scoop to remove their insides.
- Remove the head of the bell pepper and chop the remaining quarter, keeping it for later.
- Heat a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and begin cooking the onion.
- Throw in the minced turkey and give it a good stir.
- Cook it for about 8-10 minutes, until brown.
- Start adding the other veggies. Add the carrot, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, chili, red and green bell pepper. Keep on fire for another 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the couscous, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Fill the zucchini, eggplant, and red bell pepper with the turkey and couscous mixture.
- Top with shredded Cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake them for the next 30 minutes.
- Serve warm!