Ingredients Needed for Rabbit Shoulder Wrapped in Bacon
1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
1 red onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 ounces of rabbit shoulder, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 tablespoons of pistachios, crumbled
4 ounces of pork fat, diced
5 ounces of bacon (10 strips)
8 bread slices for serving
How to Make Rabbit Shoulder Wrapped in Bacon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the red onion and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the minced rabbit shoulder. Break into small chunks, then cook for 6 – 7 minutes or until it starts getting brown.
- Add the thyme and pistachios, season with pepper, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the pork fat and stir it in. Season with salt, stir a little more, then cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Line an 8 x 4 inches (19 x 10 cm) casserole with the bacon strips so that their ends overflow the casserole’s edges.
- Fill the bacon-lined casserole with the pork and rabbit mixture. Turn over the bacon strips’ ends to cover the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- As an optional step, heat some 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Fry 8 – 10 slices of bread on both sides to serve with the meat.