Ingredients Needed for Tortilla Baskets With Salsa Chicken
10 ounces of cooked chicken, shredded
3 spring onions, chopped
1 ¼ cups of sweet corn
1 cup salsa sauce
4 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
2 green chilis, sliced
1 ½ cups of low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Tortilla Baskets With Salsa Chicken
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Submerge a tortilla into the heated oil. Keep it submerged by holding it down with a ladle.
- Fry it until golden brown. When you remove it from the pot, you’ll be left with a fried tortilla basket. Do the same for the other 5 tortillas. Set them aside.
- Add the chicken meat, spring onion, sweet corn, and salsa sauce to a bowl. Mix until even. Season with salt and pepper and stir them in.
- Distribute this mixture between the tortilla baskets. Top with cherry tomatoes, chili, and grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.