Whole Roasted Chicken
Nothing compares to a whole roasted chicken, right? But if you want to cook chicken to perfection, just follow this little secret: put some bricks on top of the chicken while roasting it in the oven. This way, you’ll have that moist, tender and juicy meat you long for!
Ingredients Needed for Whole Roasted Chicken
1 chicken, around 4 pounds
2 tablespoons of oregano
2 tablespoons of rosemary
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 ounce butter
How to Make Whole Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Take 2 bricks and wrap them in aluminum foil. Leave them aside.
- Lay the chicken on a wooden board with the breast side up. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of oregano, and 1 tablespoon of rosemary. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and flip it over on the other side.
- Season the chicken with the same spices you have previously used. Again, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Gently brush the chicken so it can be flavored by spices.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over a wide baking tray. Add the chicken and place the bricks on top of it (the bricks will make the meat moist, tender and juicy and will reduce the cooking time).
- Bake the chicken for the next 45 minutes. Take out the tray out of the oven and remove the bricks using a pair of gloves. Flip the chicken over, and bake it again for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and add the butter. Use a spoon to coat the chicken with the melted butter.