Ingredients Needed for Whole Roasted Chicken
1 chicken, around 4 pounds
2 tablespoons of oregano
2 tablespoons of rosemary
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 ounce butter
How to Cook Whole Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Take 2 bricks and wrap them in aluminum foil. Leave them aside.
- Lay the chicken on a wooden board with the breast side up. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of oregano, and 1 tablespoon of rosemary. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and flip it over on the other side.
- Season the chicken with the same spices you have previously used. Again, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Gently brush the chicken so it can be flavored by spices.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over a wide baking tray. Add the chicken and place the bricks on top of it (the bricks will make the meat moist, tender and juicy and will reduce the cooking time).
- Bake the chicken for the next 45 minutes. Take out the tray out of the oven and remove the bricks using a pair of gloves. Flip the chicken over, and bake it again for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and add the butter. Use a spoon to coat the chicken with the melted butter.