Ingredients Needed for Chicken With Basmati Rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 red onion, sliced
4 boneless chicken thighs (3 ounces each)
1 cup basmati rice (or barley)
parmesan, grated (for seasoning)
How to Cook Chicken With Basmati Rice
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, red onion, and thighs to a cooking pot over medium-high heat.
- Season with chili flakes, salt, pepper, and dried rosemary. Add a few thyme sprigs, drizzle the remaining olive oil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken thighs over and season again with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken thighs and set them aside.
- Add the rice to the same pot. Season with salt and pepper, then cover with water.
- Cover with the lid and boil for 15 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken thighs back into the pot and add a few more thyme sprigs.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Remove from oven and season with grated parmesan. You can garnish with chopped parsley if you want.