Ingredients Needed for Sweet Walnut Potato Dumplings
7 medium-sized potatoes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 ounces of walnuts, chopped
How to Make Sweet Walnut Potato Dumplings
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it halfway with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil them for 20 minutes.
- Shred the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. Add the eggs, a pinch of salt, and flour.
- Shape the mixture into a smooth dough, using your hands. Let it rest for the next 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a long and thin cylinder, around 0.5 inches (1.2 cm) thick.
- Slice the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) long mini-cylinders.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water and heat it over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and cook the dumplings until they start floating.
- Remove them, using a spatula.
- Now for the crumble, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter and then the sugar. Add the breadcrumbs and give them a good stir. Leave it on heat until it starts to crisp.
- Serve the dumplings with the crumble, crushed walnuts, and some shredded lime zest.