Calories: 537 kCal / serving
- 18 g
- 13 g
- 86 g
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Lemony Cheese Buns
1 pound flour
1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of cottage cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ounces of candied lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 whisked egg
How to Make Sweet Lemony Cheese Buns
- Add the flour, butter, yolks, yeast, and lemon zest to the dough mixer bowl. Season with salt and start mixing. Gradually add the milk in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Transfer the dough to an oil-coated bowl and let it rise for 60 minutes.
- Add the cottage cheese, sugar, candied lemon, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Mix until even.
- Dust the work surface with flour and knead the dough a little. Cut it into 5 equal portions.
- Take one of them and stretch it a bit using your hands. Use it to wrap 1-2 tablespoons of cheese mixture, then form a dough ball.
- Carefully bind and knot the dough ball with cooking twine so it resembles a small pumpkin. Do the same with the remaining ones.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough balls on it. Coat them with whisked egg, then bake for 35 minutes at 370⁰F/185⁰C.