Ingredients Needed for Sweet Corn and Bell Pepper Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 ounces of celery root, sliced
1 cup canned sweet corn
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 cucumber, sliced
2 ounces of smoked salmon
How to Cook Sweet Corn and Bell Pepper Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and start cooking the onion.
- Add the celery root, sweet corn, and bell pepper. Add the vegetable stock, season with salt, pepper, and add a couple of bay leaves.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Blend the cucumber with a pinch of salt.
- Pass it through a strainer, removing the excess liquid.
- Remove the bay leaf, add the corn in a blender, along with 2-3 ladles of liquid.
- Blend it until smooth. Move the soup into a bowl.
- Top it with 1 teaspoon of chopped cucumber and 1 ounce of smoked salmon!