Ingredients Needed for Potato Souffle
4 medium-sized potatoes
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
2 egg yolks
2 ounces of butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
How to Cook Potato Souffle
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill it halfway with water.
- Superficially score the potatoes and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Take out the potatoes and peel them. Place them in an ice-filled bowl and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and mash them. Add the mozzarella, parmesan, egg yolks, chives, and melted butter. Mix everything with a spatula until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl. Set up your mixer at high speed and mix everything until stiff peaks appear on top.
- Slowly mix the obtained merengue with the mashed potatoes using a spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 440°F/220°C.
- Grab your ramekins. Grab a pinch of butter in the tip of your fingers and spread it on the bottom of a ramekin. Add about 1 teaspoon of breadcrumbs so you can cover the bottom of the ramekin.
- Fill the ramekins with the mashed potato mixture. Place them on a cast-iron skillet and slide them into the oven for the next 25 minutes.