Ingredients Needed for Roasted Salmon With Quinoa and Veggies
3.5 ounces of cauliflower, florets
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 red onion, chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces of quinoa
6 ounces of salmon
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup
How to Make Roasted Salmon With Quinoa and Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 430°F/220°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the cauliflower, carrot, and red onion.
- Season with salt, pepper, and pour a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Slide the tray into the oven and cook the veggies for the next 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, fill a saucepan about half with water, and bring it to a boil, over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, pour in the quinoa, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven, but don’t turn off the heat. Place the salmon next to the veggies, and season it with salt and pepper, then drizzle olive oil.
- Slide the tray into the oven again, cooking the salmon for the next 25 minutes.
- Separately, mix the lemon juice with maple syrup.
- Place the quinoa next to the salmon and veggies.
- Pour the lemon juice and maple syrup dressing over the salmon.
- Garnish with a few walnuts and some chopped parsley.