Ingredients Needed for Fried Beef and Mozzarella Roll
10 ounces of beef steak (7 thin steaks 8-ounce each)
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella slices, halved
4 ounces of ham slices, halved
8 fresh basil leaveses
¼ cup flour for coating
2 whisked eggs for coating
¼ cup panko for coating
vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon olive oil
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Cook Fried Beef and Mozzarella Roll
- Wrap the beef steaks with plastic foil and gently tenderize them using a mallet.
- Spread a plastic foil on the work surface and lay a beef steak right in the middle of it. Add 1 slice of mozzarella, 1 slice of ham, and 2-3 basil leaves. Continue layering the remaining ingredients following the same order. Top everything with the last beef steak.
- Wrap this with the plastic foil. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add some 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of panko to 2 bigger bowls. Also, beat the eggs and transfer them to a tray. Coat the beef “sandwich” with flour, egg wash, and panko.
- Heat 1 – 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the “sandwich” for 2 minutes on each of its four sides.
- Transfer it to a baking dish, drizzle it with the olive oil, then bake for 20 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Serve it garnished with fresh parsley.