Ingredients Needed for One Pan Cheesy Chicken Casserole
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup panko
1 pound chicken breast, sliced into 4
1 cup tomato sauce
4 basil leaves
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 ounce arugula
2 tablespoons of sweet corn
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook One Pan Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- First, mix the flour with oregano, curry powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until smooth.
- Coat the chicken with flour, whisked egg, and panko.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the schnitzels and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Next, pour the tomato sauce on the bottom of a cast-iron skillet. Top it with basil leaves and the chicken schnitzels. Top them with sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper, red onion, arugula, and sweet corn.
- Evenly spread the shredded mozzarella on top of the skillet.
- Slide the skillet into the oven and cook it for the next 15 minutes!