Ingredients Needed for Tarte Flambee
For the dough:
1 ¾ cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup water
For the filling:
1 teaspoon butter
5 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup cream cheese
⅓ cup crème fraîche
1 teaspoon nutmeg
flour for dusting
2 teaspoons of olive oil for spraying the skillet
How to Cook Tarte Flambee
- For the dough:
Sift the flour into a bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the baking powder, olive oil, and yolks to the bowl, and season with salt.
- Start mixing using a tablespoon, then your hands. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and the water. Knead until you have a firm dough. Set aside.
- For the filling:
Start melting the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and stir until the butter melts. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bacon is crispy and onion tender. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and creme fraiche to a bowl. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper, then mix them. Set aside.
- Dust your work surface with flour. Flatten the dough using the rolling pin.
- Spray a tart form with olive oil, then line it with the flattened dough. Trim it margins using a knife.
- Add the bacon mixture and evenly spread it. Top with the creamy mixture. Evenly spread it. Bake for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.