Ingredients Needed for Potato and Zucchini Cream Soup
2 potatoes, sliced
2 ounces of celery root, sliced
2 fresh thyme sprigs
1 zucchini, small cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons of butter
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
3.5 ounces of rice, cooked
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
How to Cook Potato and Zucchini Cream Soup
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill it halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt, potatoes, celery, and fresh thyme sprigs. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the cubed zucchini and boil until soft.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, along with 1 teaspoon of butter. Wait for the butter to melt.
- Add the cumin seeds, lemon juice, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled veggies in a large blender. Pour the heavy cream and vegetable stock.
- Add the cooked rice, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt, pepper, add the remaining butter and a hint of olive oil.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with croutons!