Pasta Al Forno With Chicken and Pancetta
If you didn’t know already, al forno means “cooked in the oven”, and we think that it’s a great way to bring more flavor to pasta! Just try this recipe, that has chicken, pancetta, mushrooms, and all those Italian flavors that we all love and enjoy. Basil, oregano, tomato sauce, all the good stuff! It’s a recipe that really brings the best out of all ingredients!
Ingredients Needed for Pasta Al Forno With Chicken and Pancetta
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 garlic clove
5 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
3 mushrooms, sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
⅓ cup heavy cream
7 ounces of penne
0.5 ounce parmesan, shredded
⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
How to Make Pasta Al Forno With Chicken and Pancetta
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- For the penne, fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and your pasta. Let them boil according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a skillet and add vegetable oil. Add the garlic in for about 30 seconds, so it can release its flavor in the pan.
- Remove it from the pan and add the chicken breast. Cook it on one side, and when you turn it over, add the pancetta.
- After 1-2 minutes, add mushrooms, and season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Pour the tomato sauce, and bring to a boil. Sprinkle some oregano, basil, and pour the heavy cream.
- Add the cooked pasta, and give it a good stir. Sprinkle some parmesan, and you can turn off the heat.
- Use a baking tray and add the pasta. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake them in the oven for 25 minutes.