Ingredients Needed for Orange, Apple, and Peanut Butter Cake
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons rum essence
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 egg whites
¼ cup flour
4 digestive cookies
1-2 teaspoons powdered sugar
⅔ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon peanut butter
orange peel (from 1 orange)
2 apples, wedged
How to Cook Orange, Apple, and Peanut Butter Cake
- Add the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of sugar to a bowl and beat them using the hand mixer. Add the milk, rum essence, and brown sugar in the process.
- Add the egg whites and the second tablespoon of sugar to another bowl. Beat until firm.
- Mix in the beaten yolks, then gradually mix in the flour. Set aside.
- Add the cookies, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon of orange juice to the mixer. Mix until even. Add the peanut butter and mix some more.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and transfer the cookie mixture to it and evenly spread it.
- Pour the batter on top of it and bake for 30 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Pour the remaining orange juice into a pot over low heat. Add the apple wedges and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Cook until the sugar melts and bring it to a boil.
- Pick the cooked apples and set them aside.
- Add the remaining sugar to the pot and bring the syrup to a boil again.
- Use the syrup to glaze the cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the cooked apples wedges.