No-Bake Chestnut Cake With Sea Buckthorn Syrup
Next time when you get chestnuts, don’t just simply throw them on a baking tray and roast them. Instead, peel them, boil them, and mash them. This way, you’ll have, together with sea buckthorn berries and walnuts, the main ingredients for an incredible no-bake cake.
Ingredients Needed for No-Bake Chestnut Cake With Sea Buckthorn Syrup
14 ounces chestnuts, peeled
½ cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 ounces mascarpone
1½ cups sea buckthorn berries
2-3 tablespoons honey
10-12 (digestive) cookies
2-3 tablespoons walnuts, crumbled
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons melted butter
How to Make No-Bake Chestnut Cake With Sea Buckthorn Syrup
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chestnuts and boil them for 35-40 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until fluffy.
- Keep adding the mascarpone and 2 more teaspoons of powdered sugar. Mix some more.
- Add the buckthorn berries to a pot over low heat and crush them. Cook until the syrup starts bubbling.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of honey and remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture, add the remaining honey, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar (2 tablespoons), stir it in, and remove from heat.
- Add the cookies to the blender and crush them.
- Add the walnuts, cocoa powder, and melted butter. Mix until even.
- Transfer the boiled chestnuts to a measuring cup and mash them.
- Add them to the whipped cream bowl. Mix until even.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and add the walnut-cookie mixture. Evenly spread it and press it gently.
- Layer the chestnut cream on top of it.
- Garnish with cocoa powder and top with sea buckthorn syrup.