Ingredients Needed for Mushroom Soup Served in Bread Bowl
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 potato, diced
¼ cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 ounces of celery root, diced
4 cups of water
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
7 ounces of mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon marjoram
¼ cup flour
3 tablespoons of water
2 bread loaves
How to Make Mushroom Soup Served in Bread Bowl
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potato, cabbage, carrot, onion, and celery.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and pour the water. Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and mushrooms.
- Season with marjoram, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix the flour with water in a small bowl.
- Mix the flour with a bit of water in a small bowl and pour it into the soup.
- Slice off the top of the bread loaves and remove the crumb.
- Serve the soup inside the bread.