Calories: 269 kCal / serving
- 5 g
- 11 g
- 38 g
Ingredients Needed for Meringue and Apricot Tart
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon salt
3.5 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon cold water
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 pound apricots, halved
3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
How to Make Meringue and Apricot Tart
- Add the flour in a large bowl along with the salt and butter.
- Mix with the tip of your fingers until the butter is absorbed by the flour.
- Add a drop of cold water, lemon zest, 1 egg yolk, and powdered sugar. Mix using your hands until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Grab the dough and level it on the bottom of a 12 inches (30 cm) diameter round baking tray. Pinch the surface of the dough with a fork.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- After that, take the tray out of the oven. Lay the apricot halves in a snail patter over the crust. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top.
- Next, you can prepare the meringue. Add the egg whites in a large bowl and mix them. Add the sugar and mix everything until stiff peaks appear. Add the mixture to a piping bag.
- Pour the meringue over the tart in the shape of marshmallows.
- Slide the tart into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.