Ingredients Needed for Homemade Puff Pastry
2 ½ cups of flour
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup water
8 ounces of butter
How to Cook Homemade Puff Pastry
- Add 2 cups of flour in a large bowl. Add the egg yolk, vinegar, vegetable oil, and water.
- Use your hands and mix until all the ingredients combine. Shape the mixture in a round dough.
- Add the remaining flour and butter in a small bowl. Use your hands and mix until smooth. Leave it aside.
- Dust your working space with flour and level the dough with a rolling pin.
- Evenly spread 3-4 teaspoons of butter over the dough.
- Next, grab the side furthest to you and fold it halfway.
- Grab the side closest to you and pull it over the other one. Evenly spread 1 more teaspoon of butter and fold the dough sideways.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Use the ingredients and repeat the steps starting with leveling the dough. In the end, refrigerate the dough for 20 more minutes.
- Repeat the steps one more time and refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.