Amaretti and Prune Cheesecake
Enjoy the irresistible flavors of prunes by adding them to a cheesecake. They’re known to be good for digestion and so much more. Before using them, soak them in white rum. Make the buttery base from amaretti cookies and flavor further with espresso and vanilla. You’ll have to be patient though, but it’ll be worth the wait.
Ingredients Needed for Amaretti and Prune Cheesecake
8 ounces of pitted prunes
10 ounces of amaretti cookies
2 tablespoons of almond flour
3 ounces of melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces of cream cheese
7 ounces of powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
¼ cup espresso
1 cup milk
How to Make Amaretti and Prune Cheesecake
- Add the prunes to a smaller bowl, cover them with rum and let them soak overnight.
- Add the cookies and almond flour to a blender and start mixing. Gradually, add the melted butter, in the process. Mix until even.
- Line an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and evenly spread the crushed cookie mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the rum-soaked prunes and the vanilla extract to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Evenly spread the prune mixture over the crushed cookie base. Refrigerate for 30 more minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolks, and espresso to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a spatula and a hand mixer. Set aside.
- Soak 2-3 gelatin sheets for 5-10 minutes in a bowl of cold water. Add the milk to another bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Transfer the gelatin to the milk bowl and mix until dissolved.
- Transfer to the cream cheese mixture bowl. Mix until even.
- Pour into the springform pan and refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve garnished with cocoa powder.