Calories: 314 kCal / serving
- 1 g
- 2 g
- 36 g
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Mayonnaise
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon mustard
1 cup olive oil
How to Make Homemade Mayonnaise
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Add the egg yolks in a tall glass container (make sure that you use a tall and narrow container that is wide enough for the immersion blender to fit in). Add the mustard.
- Place your immersion blender into the container and push the power button.
- Blend the egg yolks with the mustard for a few seconds. Start to gradually add the olive oil.
- Continue blending for about 1 minute. The mayonnaise will start to thicken.
- You can move the blender around to make sure all of the oil is blended in. By now, the mayonnaise should be thick, light and creamy.
- Squeeze the juice of a half a lemon into the mayo. Season with salt and pepper and continue blending for a few more seconds.
- You can store the mayonnaise in an air-tight container and keep it in the fridge for up to one week.