Ingredients Needed for Strawberry and Vanilla Pudding Cake
1 cup water
2 ounces of butter
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
vegetable oil for frying
4 ounces of instant vanilla pudding
2 cups of milk
How to Make Strawberry and Vanilla Pudding Cake
- Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and then add the butter. Stir, and after it melts, add the flour. Whisk it with the butter, until it reaches a light-brown, golden color. Add the eggs and whisk them in as well. Leave it on heat for 1 more minute.
- Mix the sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl. Add half of this mix on the bottom of a small round cake tray, around 5 inches (12.5 cm). Evenly spread the dough over the sugar. Top it with 1 more teaspoon of the sugar mix. Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry the dough for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crispy. Take it out, top it with the remaining sugar mix, and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, you can make the vanilla pudding. Beat the pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2 min. The pudding will be soft-set in 5 min. Makes 4 (1/2-cup) servings. Mix the gelatin with 1/4 cup (65 ml) water in a small bowl. Whisk the gelatin into the pudding.
- Place the crispy dough back in the cake tray, and pour half of the pudding over it. Top it with the strawberries, and the remaining pudding.
- Refrigerate it for 2 more hours before serving!