Ingredients Needed for Spinach and Cream Cheese Swirls
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 ounces of baby spinach
⅔ cup cream cheese
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅔ cup shredded mozzarella
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Spinach and Cream Cheese Swirls
- Preheat the oven to 370°F/185°C.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Throw the spinach into the skillet and cook it until it considerably reduces its weight.
- Use a large bowl and add the cream cheese, cooked spinach, onion, and mozzarella.
- Season it with garlic powder and salt.
- Mix everything until smooth and spread it over the pastry.
- Carefully roll the pastry so you don’t lose any of the filling.
- Slice the pastry roll into 0.8 inch (2 cm) thick slices.
- Spread the whisked egg over the pastries.
- Bake them for the next 45 minutes.