Ingredients Needed for Gruyere and Parmesan Souffle
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons of flour
⅓ cup milk
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup gruyère cheese, grated
1 tablespoon butter for coating
2 tablespoons of parmesan, grated
How to Cook Gruyere and Parmesan Souffle
- Start making the bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Stir in the process.
- Add the flour and keep stirring. Gradually add the milk while continuously stirring until you have a smooth paste. Set aside to cool.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and whip them using a hand mixer. Mix until they make stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Add the paprika and nutmeg to the bechamel sauce. Stir until even.
- Continue by stirring in the yolks, one at a time.
- Add the whipped eggs and mix some more until just about even. Add the grated Gruyere and mix it in. Set aside.
- Coat 4 ramekins with butter, spread with grated parmesan, and distribute the egg and Gruyere mixture to them.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.