Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto and Mozzarella Balls
4 bread slices
2 mozzarella slices
2 prosciutto slices
1 cup milk
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Prosciutto and Mozzarella Balls
- Place the bread slices on a wooden board. Pour a small drizzle of vegetable oil over the bread.
- Top two of the bread slices with mozzarella, prosciutto, and ketchup. Grab the other slices of bread and use them to top the sandwiches and press.
- Coat the sandwiches with milk, whisked egg, and flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Toast the sandwiches until golden, for around 2 minutes per side.
- Place each sandwich in a plastic bag, secure it and remove the air. Shape the sandwich into a ball.
- Refrigerate the balls for the next 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Next grease the bottom of a baking tray with butter. Add the prosciutto and cheese balls and top them with shredded Cheddar.
- Bake them for the next 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Add the heavy cream and the shredded parmesan. Season with pepper and stir until it thickens.
- Top the balls with the obtained sauce.