Ingredients Needed for Fruit Crumble With Vanilla Custard
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces of butter
½ cup brown sugar
4 ounces of sour cherry compote
10 amarettis biscuits
10 butter biscuits
⅓ cup walnut, chopped
1 cup milk
0.25 white sugar
1 vanilla bean
How to Cook Fruit Crumble With Vanilla Custard
- Peel the apples and remove their cores. Cut the apple into sticks.
- Heat a skillet and melt the vegetable oil and 1 ounce (30 grams) of butter in it.
- Add the apple sticks and 1/4 cup (50 grams) of brown sugar. Mix and caramelize the apples.
- Add the sour cherry compote and mix.
- Keep 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Put the remaining brown sugar in the fruit mixture and cook until it melts.
- Crumble the biscuits together.
- Put the crumble in a bowl and add the walnuts.
- Add the remaining butter and the remaining brown sugar (1 tablespoon).
- Mix the biscuit crumbs, walnuts, butter, and the sugar with your hands.
- Take 4 ramekins. Fill each ramekin with fruit mixture and biscuits crumbs.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk in a saucepan and put it on the stove. Cut lengthwise the vanilla bean and put it in the milk, to release its seeds and flavor. Let the milk cool a little.
- Whisk the eggs and the white sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually, pour the milk into the eggs and white sugar mixture, whisking uninterrupted. When you pour the milk, use a strainer, so that the vanilla beans don’t fall in the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture in a saucepan, on medium heat. Whisk continuously, until the vanilla custard thickens.
- Serve the fruit crumble with vanilla custard.