Ingredients Needed for Bacon Pizza With Egg on Top
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
¼ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
7 ounces of flour
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon dried basil
⅓ cup water
⅓ cup tomato sauce
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
6 bacon, chopped
3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Bacon Pizza With Egg on Top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Add the flour in your stand mixer bowl.
- Put the active dry yeast, sugar, and milk in a bowl. Mix and wait for the yeast to activate. Wait ten minutes, watching for bubbles or froth.
- Add the yeast to the flour and incorporate it with a spatula.
- Add some sea salt, dried oregano, basil, and the water.
- Set your mixer to a medium-slow speed to get your dried ingredients and water combining. If needed, add more water.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- When the time’s up, flour your countertop. Divide the dough into halves and knead them into two balls. Sprinkle some more flour on each ball, then roll out your dough using a rolling pin. Make two pizza crusts.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer both the pizza crusts on it.
- Use a small glass to cut a circle in the center of each pizza crust, then remove the small circle.
- Spread tomato sauce on both pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle the diced yellow bell pepper, chopped bacon, and mozzarella.
- Crack the eggs and add one in the center of each pizza.
- Bake them for 25 minutes.