Calories: 317 kCal / serving
- 25 g
- 16 g
- 17 g
Ingredients Needed for Fried Blooming Onion
½ cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Fried Blooming Onion
- Let’s start with the onion. Place it cut-side down and make 4 longitudinal cuts all the way down until you reach the board. Split each section into 4 cuts and keep slicing each section until you obtain 16 even cuts.
- Turn the onion upside down and it will look like a flower.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl with the milk and scramble them.
- Mix flour with Cajun spices, paprika, and ginger.
- Cover the onion with flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Add enough vegetable oil and start deep-frying the onion.
- Fry until golden and crispy.