Ingredients Needed for French Fries
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make French Fries
- Peel the potatoes and slice off their edges.
- Slice them in long and thick sticks. Move them in a large bowl, and cover with cold water. Let them soak for about 5 minutes to wash off the starch.
- Boil the potatoes for about 3-5 minutes.
- Take them out and let them rest for about 10 minutes, then put them on a paper towel and refrigerate for the next hour.
- Heat a large saucepan and fill it with vegetable oil. Use a thermometer and when heat reaches 260°F/130°C, add the potatoes and fry them for 5 minutes. Remove the potatoes, drain them of the extra oil and let them cool for the next 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat once more, and let the oil reach 360°F/180°C. Fry them again until golden and crispy.
- When ready, remove them from the stove, season them with salt and drain over paper towels.